For now, join us at 11:00 Sunday Morning for WORSHIP in the building and we will continue to broadcast in PARKING LOT,
JESUS IS COMING
History- Over 60 Years of Christian Love In the summer of 1959 the Mount Zion Baptist Association recognized the need for a mission in the rapidly growing areas of Burlington, NC known as Alamance Hills and Town and Country. Glen Hope Baptist Church in Burlington accepted the challenge to begin a mission and purchased property on Sellars Mill Road for that purpose. In the fall of 1959 Rev Jack Clark agreed to become the pastor of the Glen Hope Mission.
The first meeting of the Mission was March 6, 1960 in the National Guard Armory Building on Church Street. Nearly 100 people met on that snowy morning. By October 30, 1960 the following statement was in the bulletin "Today is the last Sunday that we meet at the armory. We thank God for Glen Hope Baptist Church for providing such a nice building." On that morning the mission was renamed EASTLAWN BAPTIST MISSION. The mission grew in membership and 163 charter members were named at the meeting to organize Eastlawn Baptist Mission into a church on March 4, 1962 at 2:30 PM.